100 Common Job Interview Questions 2021 | Whether you want to get into a university, college, or a job, you have to give interviews. A lot of interviews perhaps. For many people, it is the most difficult thing because it is the time where people get really nervous and cannot answer properly. Today we’ll have a look at 100 Common Job Interviews Question so that you will get one step closer to cracking the coding interview.
One of the most common things to know while going to any job interview is the kind of questions that HR or the recruitment agency may ask. If you do not do preparation, the answer you give to their question may not be what they were expecting and you will be disqualified.
Have you ever wondered why the other candidate got the job who had the same qualifications while you did not ?
It’s simple. The other one knew well how to properly answer the interview questions asked to them. You have to understand that the recruiter is not looking for some common man but an extraordinary addition to his/her team. That’s why you should be prepared to face challenging questions and provide strategic and honest answers to the questions to common job interview questions.
Just think about it… Why should the interviewer hire you instead of some other candidate when you both have the same qualifications?
It’s because you are capable and you have earned it.
That’s why we will be discussing some major interview questions and answers. We’ll be looking at some major common job interview questions so that you will be familiar with the type of questions the interviewer may ask before you prepare and go for an interview.
Why look for Common Job Interview Questions?
Any recruitment agency, corporation, companies or organization does not just you for filling the vacant position. Generally, those agencies look for three things in you in order to recruit you to their company:
- Can you carry the job?
- Will you do the job?
- How do you fit into the team?
Surprisingly, the question major company focus on is the third one – How do you fit to the team?. Teamwork is one of the most important factor in employment success and big companies knows it very well.
They will probably find people who can do the job and will certainly do it – but it’s hard to find people who fill fit the needs of the company and align with them well.
The idea behind company recruitment
Any company will want to hire people who work for the benefit of the company. Due to this company looks for people who will fit with their goals and align with the company’s needs.
All common job interview questions will be roughly related to :
- Value of the company
- Technical Skills
- Boss’s expectations
- Team Coordination and team-work
- Job Qualifications
- Job Descriptions
- Behavior Description
If we carefully analyze all common interview questions, all major questions will revolve around the above topics.
NEW JOB ALERT : High Paying Construction Jobs in Dubai/UAE 2021
First we’ll be looking at different types of interview questions:
- Basic Interview Questions
- Behavioral Interview Questions
- Career Development Questions
- Salary and Negotiation Questions
- Getting Started Questions
- Questions about you
- Tricky and Logical Questions
OK…..now let’s have a look at some interview questions and know more about different questions to ask in an interview.
NOTE: We have compiled all the questions and made a PDF of all the common interviews. You can download the PDF at the end of the post
Common Job Interview Questions | [UPDATED 2021]
Common Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your strengths.
- Tell me about your weakness.
- What attracted you to our company?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- Why should we hire you?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?
- What do you know about this industry?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Why are you interviewing?
- What are you looking for in your next job?
- What aspects of your work are most crucial?
- Can you tell me about a time where you encountered a business challenge? How did you overcome it?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- How did you manage to utilize you time during COVID Lockdown?
- How did COVID-19 affect your daily living ?
Salary Related Questions
- What salary are you seeking?
- How much did you earn on your previous job?
- Are you satisfied with the current salary we’re providing?
- Why do you think you deserve this salary?
- If I were to give you this salary you requested but let you write your job description for the next year, what would it say?
Career Development Related Questions
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What are you looking forward for your career development?
- What kind of goals do you have in mind to make the next leap in your career?
- If I were to ask your last supervisor to provide you additional training or exposure, what would she suggest?
- How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
Getting Started Questions
- How long do you think before you make yourself established in this company?
- What will be your strategy for 90 days, if I hire you now?
- What do you plan to contribute in the upcoming month for the company?
- How long will it take for you to make a significant contribution?
- Do you think this COVID situation might hamper your current performance in this company?
More Questions about you
- What is your ideal working environment?
- What do you look for in terms of culture?
- What is your ideal work-style?
- With what kind of personality you work best?
- What was your favorite thing about your previous boss?
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you want to become ultimately?
- What was the worst thing about your previous boss?
- What thing did you detest in your previous company?
- Is there a person who you really do admire?
- What are you most proud of?
- Tell 5 words that describe your character.
- What is your biggest regret?
- What is your biggest achievement outside work?
- What qualities do you think a boss/leader should have?
- If you were made CEO of this company, what significant changes would you alter?
- How do you take your failures? If you have any.
- Tell me 3 things about you that you currently don’t have but want the most.
- What is your lifelong dream?
- What rating do you think I will give to you today?
- What is your favorite memory from childhood?
- Would you leave this company if you won the lottery of $1million?
- How would you manage the company if a similar pandemic like COVID-19 would occur?
Behavioral Interview Questions
In behavioral interview questions, you will be asked how you handled the past situation, experiences and how you successfully overcame them. It deals generally with your ability to perform the tasks in the company. Here are some of the behavioral questions that recruiters may ask you:
- Did your last project lead to success?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
- Have you ever disagreed with CEO or other higher officials? And if yes, why?
- Was there ever a time when you failed to meet a deadline? How did you manage?
- Have you ever had a conflict with your co-workers?
- Have you ever been insulted in front of your co-workers? How did you react?
- How did you deal with multiple projects assigned?
- Can you tell me about the time when your work was criticized?
- How do you work with people who annoy you constantly?
- Tell me about the incident when you messed up big time.
- If you found out something about the company which is illegal, how would you react to it?
- If you were ever working in a team and your team members did not give their best, how would you manage the situation?
- What is the most difficult decision that you made in your work?
- How would you have dealt with COVID-19 ?
Tricky and Logical Questions
- Can you sell me this pen?
- How would you weigh an aeroplane without a scale?
- With your eyes closed, can you tie your tie?
- Why is there a fuzz on tennis ball?
- How many times do a clock’s hands overlap in a day?
- Are you the type of people who check email on a vacation?
- Many people exaggerate their job resumes, what did you exaggerate?
Creative Interview Questions
- If you were a dessert, what would you be?
- If you could be with one person whole life, who would you be?
- What was the last gift you gave someone?
- What advice would you give to your former boss ?
- What is the website you visit most often ?
We hope all these questions will help you know better about how interviews are done and what HR people expect from you while giving the interview.
Here are some few tips that might help you:
- Wear proper clothes.
- Smile and talk gently.
- Do not over greet and maintain your integrity.
- Talk passionately and introduce yourself as an interesting character.
- Do not spray hard perfumes !! [DON’T]
- Handle all your documents properly in a presentable way.
- Know about the job and company you’re applying for.
CLICK DOWNLOAD BUTTON BELOW TO GET FREE COPY OF INTERVIEW QUESTIONS IN PDF FORMAT